Question

SFTP - IFS and ADP

• 18 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi All.

We use Apps 10 EE and are based in Australia (not that this should make a difference but apparently it does).

We are trying to connect our ADP database, that we use for payroll,  with IFS.  The recommendation was to use a SFTP connection (by ADP). 

The project has ground to a halt and we are in the middle of a standoff  because IFS cannot provide public PGP key and ADP requires public PGP key to make the connection.

This solution (ADP (ifs.com))  does not work, we are told,  because we are not based in the USA, which I find a little bit incredulous.  

If anyone in the IFS community has anyone encountered this situation before and can provide guidance, it would be very much appreciated?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi 

We’re running APPS 9 to integrate with 3rd parties over SFTP although not specifically for payroll files.

Might be ‘teaching you how to suck eggs’ but...

There are two steps involved here:

1. SFTP is how you transfer the file in/out of the system and
  1. PGP is a way of de/encrypting data files before/after you transfer them.

So I would expect that you have a process that pushes a file from IFS (Using the standard payroll interface extract?) 

This is then encrypted using PGP then you push the encrypted file to the ADP service using SFTP.

The SFTP bit can be set-up using the IFSCONNECT Sender (but doesn’t have to be - other tools are available like WINSCP) but I suspect that the PGP bit will need to be automated some other way using 3rd Party Software.  I’ve used a combination of PowerShell and Task Scheduler to run all of this on our IFS extended server.

It’s difficult to offer specific guidance without more details - what is the process as you understand it?

Badge +3

Thank.  Your response is appreciated.  We will investigate the IFSCONNECT.