Question

SEPA XML File

• 23 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi, on Apps 10 when we  generate an supplier payment order using SEPA XML File where does the file go? We have specified a folder destination on the output directory of payment method per institute but we don’t get any file, we do for BACS. How or where to download the XML file?

Does anyone else use SEPA and Lloyds bank? We are having issues with Lloyds processing the file…..

Regards, Rich

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Rich P 

you will find it on the IFS server (or FTP server of IFS if you are in cloud). You can control it via IFS connect.

It isn’t possible to export this file on you local path.

For example:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, the difference is BACS and similar are text type files.   SEPA and ISO20022 are XML.   They follow different logic / program flows.  

Best regards

Badge +2

Hi

Is anyone successfully taking the ISO20022 SEPA xml and getting Lloyds bank to process it? We have tried again today and Lloyds won’t accept the file as it has ‘an error’.

We get no  further detail to identify what causes the problem

Regards Rich

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Rich P 

ISO20022 and SEPA are two different files. For ISO20022 you need more settings than SEPA. SEPA is very easy. Both files export via IFS Connect. Are you in cloud or onprem?

Badge +2

Hi

We are using Apps 10 - we have selected the SEPA format ID as below:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

A common problem with SEPA is that it’s no longer a fixed format as it was first intended. It has evolved such that differences exist between banks and countries. 

ISO2022 is a more modern format that is said be to be a replacement for SEPA.  I would suggest ISO20022. You have more options.    From a IFS R&D contact (a few years ago” SEPA - BAD  ISO20022 - good.    The downside of ISO20022 some banks have been “slow” to adapt to the newer format.  ISO20022 has only been around for nearly 20 years.

In dealing with banks / client's numerous times, I’m a bit surprised you can’t get a formal detailed error message.  Is it possible you're not contacting the “right” person?   I say this because often it has been reported to me that “the bank” did not provide that information, but when digging deeper, the bank really did / really can provide the details.   

Best regards