Question

SEPA file transfer error

• 18 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Setup for SEPA supplier payment file is setup correctly (IFS8 client) for IFS Connect, Routing address and Routing Rules. After creation of the payment proposal and payment order the XML is created but doesn’t arrive on the predefined Application server location. In the Application message I found the error: ‘java.io.IOException: Invalid argument’: 

Does someone know to what this error refers?

thx!

regards,

Martin Broekman

Consultant at Eqeep (Netherlands)

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @eqmartib 

The reported error, java.io.IOException: Invalid argument’ is not a familiar one.

Does this error appears for every supplier or for a particular supplier. You could also try in a different environment.

If the error continues could you please raise a case to IFS Support for product F1/Technology with a test plan and environment details.

In Payment Order window if you RMB and select the option repeat media output a new XML file will be generated.

Thank you,

Dhananga

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @eqmartib ,

Go to the corresponding routing address and Right Click Test. you should be able to save a test file to the destination without error. If it still fails, then the error could be mostly with the file sender.

Setup IFS Connect, Integration → Connector Senders. Check if the File sender settings are ok (specially OUT_DIRECTORY) parameter.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Dhananga, hi Damith,

Thank you for your responses.

I decided to start all over and used ISO20022-CORE instead of SEPA-CORE

All setup is done correctly (also the OUT_DIRECTORY). Unfortunately I get the same error:

Address, Rule, Receiver, Transformer looks all ok but somehow the error comes back.

Is there an other solution?

thx

regards,

Martin

Ps. by the way in version 8 the RMB ‘Test’ options seems not be available unfortunately

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @eqmartib 

Could you please check destination path is correct for routing rule so it can be accessed by the application host? You may check it by changing it to a path which files get created.