Solved

SEPA CT file error

• 30 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI All 

I got a problem when setting up a SEPA Credit transfer file with from a German company using Nordea in Finland. Is there anyone that can help me understanding what the errors are and were to correct.

icon

Best answer by Eranda 30 October 2020, 18:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

Attaching entire payment file here would be helpful to resolve your issue. Form the error messages I suspect that something is wrong with company data. Which transformer did you use in routing address definition? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Andreas,

I assume you are using APP9 and ISO20022 payment format for SEPA and non-SEPA Payments.

I can mainly notice the following error.

Initiating Party Identification Schema and Debtor Identification Schema

Nordea Requirement:
For initiating party identification = Customer identification Signer Id as agreed with (or assigned by) Nordea. This is used together with Schema code “CUST”.
For debtor identification (SEPA or non-SEPA payments) = Customer agreement identification (Bank Party Identification Number) together with Schema code “BANK”.

How to setup this in APP9:

This is bit a confusing setup.

• Go to Payment Institute/ Right Mouse Button (RMB) - Payment Method/Select your payment method and RMB- Format Specific info per Institute. Enter the Customer Number you received from Nordea and bank identification number with a separator “/”.(follow the correct format and order) E.g. 9858584525/12345685298256
  • Go to Scheme Code field and enter the value CUST/BANK. (follow the correct format and order)

Note: THIS HAS BEEN IMPROVED IN APP10 WITH A PROPER SELECTION BASED SETUP

If you get more errors, please share the full file.

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI Eranda 
Sorry to coming back to this old subject but..

I know about the Signer ID and agreement number for format  ISO20022 payment method, but for SEPA-CT Format We do not have these fields or at least not Scheme code (DATA4). 

So how to fill in CUST/BANK in SEPA-CT format? 

Iso 20022 format

SEPA-CT

Client mapping 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Andreas,

Separation of Scheme code logic is only available in ISO20022 format. It will not work for SEPA (SEPA CT) format. But, for SEPA credit transfer, the Signer ID can be used as an identification for both Initiating Party and  Debtor level. But, if I remember correctly Scheme Code is not supported in SEPA format because it is not a mandatory element in SEPA EPC (European Payment Council) rule book. Could you please ask from Nordea whether they allow to process the SEPA CT only with Identification?

If the bank doesn’t allow to process the SEPA CT file without Scheme Code, you have to do a slight customization in the code. But, I would like to suggest a better option below.

I don’t recommend to use SEPA format in latest IFS versions, because ISO20022 format has been designed to handle both SEPA and Non-SEPA payment. After App9 Update 6,  you can use ISO20022 format to handle both SEPA CT and Non SEPA-CT payments. You have to make sure to define the electronic address of the supplier correctly, with service level code “SEPA”. When the service level code is set as “SEPA”, the system will raise the SEPA payment related validations such as mandatory IBAN and currency EUR, etc.

If you have any doubts, please feel free to reach me.

Have a nice weekend!

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks a lot Eranda!

That really sorted out the issue. We are change bank office and I had preferred to use  the SEPA-CT as we have done so far in euro area but In this situation I believe we have to go for ISO 20022 file. The pros for SEPA-CT format is that it is a lot less information needed for the AP department to add and get correct on suppliers, but for sure ISO20022 is a lot more flexible. 

A big thanks for you help!