Question

Rounding off error

• 28 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Dear experts,

In Foreign Currency Suppliers when charges are added the amount is not rounding off.

For e.g if you see the red underlined I want amount to be as 347/- but system is taking it as 347.002/- in which there is a difference of .002/-

Could you kindly advise on this matter please ? 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @XitThejaG,

You can change the number of decimal places of currency values by following the below steps.

1.Go to Tools > Options> Regional Settings tab.

2. I think as per your explanation, you want the number to be rounded to the nearest integer. Hence you can provide the following.

I hope this will sort out the issue!

If you think my answer helped to resolve your issue, please mark it as the best answer. So that it will be helpful for other peers.

Best Regards,
Bhagya

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’m not seeing the full screen / full attribute description, but it looks like that column relates to a per unit price for example 347.002 per unit.   Assume 10 of that charge type the extended value for that line would be 3470.02  This is correct.    Also assume only 1, then the extended value (assuming currency is expressed in only 2 decimals) then IFS will show 347.00 as the full currency value.  

The above screen print describes how an amount is presented in IFS, but in all reality a price can be X decimals for example 123.45678. If you buy or sell 1 that extended value (or accounting value) is based on the decimals defined for the currency code (commonly 2 decimals).   

In my test I did exactly as your example and the accounting effect (supplier invoice) was 347.00. 

Please add additional comments if my assumption that your looking at the unit price rather than extended amount. 

See this example screen. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Thomas Peterson ,  Exactly I am looking at the extended amount . Simply , is this due to the decimals in currency rates ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The image  shows the decimals in the rate. That can be 4, 5, 6, or other.   The currency code is what drives the number of decimals in the extended amount. Your currency code is set to 2 decimals. 

I’m sorry, but I need to disagree with the first comment. “Exactly I am looking at the extended amount”

The screen you originally posted is the unit price.  Not the extended price.   Scroll over to the right (usually) to see the attribute I showed on the image.   Better yet, change the quantity on the charge line and you will see the noted attribute

.Does not change - yet the 

Does change based on the quantity change. 

Best regards, 

Thomas