Question

Rotable Part Pool: M151 or M139

• 22 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi IFS community,

I am using IFS Cloud to setup Rotable Part Pool and have setup the Posting Control of M151(according to IFS documentation), of which to set Account and Fixed Asset Code Part to use AC2 - Pre Posting.

So far so good, since Fixed Asset is created with Part Connection Established.

However, the Inventory Transaction History displayed the usage of M139 instead of M151

and the Code Part Demand of account 028200 has Fixed Asset as Mandatory.

Can you help me out to solve this riddle, please?

Many thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I have not tested FA pools in a number of years.  It appears that the M151 is unlike traditional posting types. it enables a pre-posting function but does not - produce a M151 transaction.  Similarly, you won’t find M101, M102, M108, etc. posting transactions. These enable pre-postings for other functions in the system. 

Pre-posting (when enabled) obtains the pre-posting values from other things in the system. 

Check the transaction source for pre-posting values as well as the fixed asset object (for the pre-posting). 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +3

Thank you Thomas. I have gotten support from IFS (nadeeka.yapa@ifs.com and niluka.ariyapala@ifs.com) and it is indeed M151 Posting Control that has to be setup for Account and Code Part that is designated for Fixed Asset), with control type AC2 - Pre posting.

This M151 will then trigger M139 to copy the Pre Posting of Fixed Asset Object to Inventory Transaction of ADDFAPOOL business event. It seemed that there is a bug in IFS for it cannot correct the first ADDFAPOOL transactions via Rerun Erroneous Accounting. I have created the second Fixed Asset Object from Rotable Pool and it went smooth, Fixed Asset can be Activated.

Anyway, many thanks for your attention to look into this matter.