Solved

Revaluation account - wrong ledger

• 15 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Dear reader,

I have a Accounts Receivable ledger account which I want to setup as Revaluation Account. The column ‘Used in ledger’  is automaticly picked here but it is wrong (‘General Ledger’ must be ‘Accounts Receivable’ and cannot be changed or I do not know how to change this) .  The first booking on this account was a Q-voucher (because it’s a ledger account) followed by only A/R bookings and this seems to be the reason for this behavour..?  Second to this I cannot save this new record because ‘General Ledger’ expects the ‘Currency Balance’  boxfor this account ticked and cannot be done anymore because transactions has already been made for this account.

Hopefully there is a way to change this? 

Thanks in advance for your reply.

regards,

Martin Broekman

Consultant at Eqeep, Netherlands

icon

Best answer by GayanD 19 January 2021, 12:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Martin,

Following is what I found in online help for Used in Ledger field.

The posting type to which the account is connected determines the type of ledger it is related to. The system automatically populates this field. Possible values are:

Accounts Receivable: The account is connected to only accounts receivable posting types. The accounts receivable posting types are IP2, IP17, IP21, PP8, PP10, PP15, PP27, PP28, PP31, PP32, PP36, PP50, PP52 and PP53.

Accounts Payable: The account is connected to only accounts payable posting types. The accounts payable posting types are IP1, IP16, IP20, PP7, PP9, PP21, PP26, PP29, PP30, PP37, and PP76. When this value is used, the signs are changed in the Amount field in the Currency Revaluation Analysis window, i.e. a credit balance will be shown as a negative figure. 

General Ledger: If General Ledger is displayed, it means that one of the following conditions exist.The account is not connected to any of the posting types mentioned under Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
The account is connected to posting types mentioned under both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
The account is connected to one or more posting types mentioned under Accounts Receivable and/or Accounts Payable, as well as one or more posting types which are not mentioned under either Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable.

Hope other issue will be solved if this correctly set up.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Gayan,

Thx for your reply. Unfortunately I was not be able to check the customers settings before. I will do the check next week. Afterwards I will send update for this request.

regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Gayan,

Have checked the Posting Control details now and found the error (account was mentioned in a posting control not being AR). After removal I was able to add tha account to the reval accounts.

thanks again!

regards,