Question

Remitteringsråd

• 3 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hej, hur skapar vi ett remitteringsråd för enskilda händelser?

Ex när vi matchar ut deb- och kredfakturor via offsetfunktionen så vore det enkelt om en funktion med info ang händelsen skapades för att kunna skicka till leverantören.

Mvh BM

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Saving everyone some time:

Hi, how do we create a referral advice for individual events?

For example, when we match deb and credit invoices via the offset function, it would be easy if a function with info regarding the event was created to be able to send to the supplier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I’m impressed by your Swedish skills, Shawn… :)

@Britt-Mari I think you will find that this forum serves you better by posting in English. And I think this question would have been a better fit in the Finance section of this site:

https://community.ifs.com/finance-financials-42

I hope someone will have an answer for your question!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Assuming the posting was translated to English correctly and I understand the question, and assuming the offset was done in the offset screen, then you would manually send this to the supplier. 

In my opinion - again with the above assumptions I would suggest a different user process.  Don’t use the offset screen, allow IFS to include the invoices in the automatic payment proposal (include both ± invoices) and when the payment order is created, trigger the remittance advice that is then emailed to the supplier (automatically). Let IFS do the offset for you part of the normal payment process.  The remittance advice would include all invoices being paid (+ and -) and emailed via the PDF_CREATED event with the action to send the email.

I could very easily be wrong in  those assumptions. 

If so, please provide greater details. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Thomas,

and thank you for your input :relaxed:

Yes you got it right and I think you might have the answer to my question. The best way is of course if everything happens automaticly but I would like it both ways, manually and automatically. The problem right now is how to set it up. My intention is not to “invent the wheel again” so Im hoping to get som good advise how to configurate  and get the function working for us.

Best Regards 

Britt-Mari

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

For the offset, we don’t have a pre-existing IFS report that can be triggered and emailed.  For the offset, I have seen clients create a screen print and paste that onto an email.  Clearly not an efficient process.    I’ve never used the offset screen as a “normal” business activity is more of a something odd happened and I want the offset to fix.  These “odd” things that happen would not routinely be sent to the supplier - it would be an internal process.  

For those reasons offset does not have a formal report / formal solution for emailing.  

I would think you could create a report and custom menu to send the email. 

Best regards, 

Thomas