Question

Remittance/Payment Advice Per Company - Email Event Action

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I want to set up a separate email event action to email remittance advices to supplier, on a company level.

i.e. 1 default event action & a second email event action when it is a payment made by company ABC.

Can this be done via the Event Action or does something need to be set up in Report Rules?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Penny-

We have setup the email event without report rules.   The event is triggered by the creation of the pay advise.   I have done this in IFS10 (not 9 as you have tagged).   F1 help has some additional assistance.   Search for ‘email reports’.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thanks for replying @cperdue - we’ve got payment advices emailing ok via an event action (the F1 help notes are quite useful though re email reports). 

My query is specifically relating to being able to set up 2 separate event actions, based around the company the payment advice is being sent from. I can’t see company referenced in the PDF_PARAMETRES, or other fields, so  can’t see how to add this as a condition to the action..

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Can you select the company in the ‘event action’ list … ie … when report is created for a specific company?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@cperdue  - No, there doesn’t appear to be a company option. From what I’ve read on the community, it can be one off the PDF Parameters, but they show as blank, so I think they have to be configured as part of the remittance report design.. Was just seeing if there was another way or something I was missing..

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@PennyB - Not sure if you solved this in the intervening year since you posted, but I was having the same issue and managed to solve it by using a combination of report layouts, report rules and 2 different event actions keying off the Layout Name.  

What I did:

•  I had a single report layout I wanted to use, which auto-adjusts for company (logo, address, etc).  
  • I exported the layout, and then re-imported it with a new layout name.  Now I have two, specific to company (even though the layout is exactly the same:
Same layout, but with different title​
  • I then created two report rules to select the layout based on the <COMPANY> tag in the UNIFORM_PAYMENT_ADVICE_REP report:  
Report Rule settings showing how to affect the layout based on company in the report parameters
  • I then have multiple event actions for the Payment Advice report, each with a condition set to look for a specific layout name:  
Event action for company shown above

Tested this, and it is working… so I can now set each event action to use my AP@<COMPANY> email address as appropriate.  

Hope you find this helpful (and/or others find this helpful).  

Andy