Solved

Reminder Template Apps10

• 11 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi! 

What is the logic in Reminder Templates? 

I’m trying to understand the logic between “Accepted Delay” in General Tab and the “Min Days to next Reminder” in Reminder Levels Tab. 

If set up as below I assumed that the First reminder will be sent out after 7 days as in “Level 1” in “Reminder Levels” tab. But I got invoices 2 days overdue in my Reminder Proposal. 

icon

Best answer by Malgorzata Palatynska 11 May 2021, 09:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @ROXTOBBRI ,

Accepted Delay:
The accepted number of days of payment delay before an invoice is included in the proposal.

Min Days to Next Reminder
The minimum number of days between reminder levels. This means that new reminders will be created and new reminder levels reached at intervals of the number of days entered.

Can you go to Customer Reminder Proposals > RMB > Reminder Proposal Details > RMB on the header > Invoices per Reminder Proposal and send us a screen capture?

As shown in the below screen capture, in this window you can see all the dates and why the invoice has been captures to the respective reminder proposal.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Accepted delay - there you can set the number of days which system adds to the payment terms of invoice. 
Example - payment term is set to 2021-04-30, accepted delay is set to 7 days, it means that the first reminder will be created for this invoice on 7th of May.
Min Days to Next Reminder - this is number of days beetwen first and next reminder.
Example - if 1st reminder was genereted on 7th of May, and the min days is set to 7 days, it means that the second reminder will be sent on 14th of May.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi ROXTOBBRI,

I hope that the following will give you some overview of the different tabs and the requirement of Reminder Templates.

Generally, with the reminder templates we can define instructions on how customers open items are loaded into reminder proposals and how reminders are worded. To each template, we can link up to 99 reminder levels with associated text. For the individual reminder level, we can specify a reminder fee in different currencies. You can select several print options to meet specific needs regarding the content and structure of the reminder printout.

All customers entered should be linked to a Reminder Template. When a customer is entered for the first time, a default template is provided. Only one template can be the default template, but it can be replaced by another. When a new customer invoice is entered, the reminder template entered for the customer is automatically linked to the invoice. Changing a reminder template of a customer does not change individual invoices previously entered. When there is a need to update reminder template for open invoices the update function can be used in Customer/Payment window.

So, “Accepted Delay” means, the acceptable delay before the first reminder.

And “Minimum Days to Next Reminder” means the minimum number of days before another Reminder is sent with the next Higher Reminder Level. So, in your example; First Reminder is sent immediately and Second Reminder is sent after 7 days of the First Reminder.  

Best Regards,

Rasangi