Solved

Posting Proposal - automatic Period Allocation when months are closed?

• 12 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

A supplier invoice preliminary booked in April, with cost from 1st January to 30th June, I want to do a period allocation for these 6 months, but January and February are closed. 
Is it not possible to get a correct allocation with a cost of three months booked in March and then one sixth in April, May and June? 
I get this error message, One or more Period(s) in the interval are closed. I don’t want to change, From Date, cause if I do change to 1st March, I don't get correct distribute, then I have to change percentage or amount manuall.

icon

Best answer by Shehan Wickramaratne 12 May 2021, 14:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

You should change manually amount in March, and remove rows for these periods which are closed - January and February.
The amount for 3 months will be posted in March.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

But the error message get there before the rows, so I have to count and change all amounts manual, which is not optimal.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi,

A similar type of functionality is already supported for period allocation through Instant Invoice. In Instant Invoice, if you allocate for close periods when the invoice is printed and status changed to PostedAuth, it will copy close period's allocation amounts to subsequent open period. When such allocation has happened, it will indicate through Period Closed at Voucher Creation check box.

But to support the same for posting proposal we need to do some design changes and this enhancement request has already been submitted to RnD so that they will consider this request in future development projects.

Solution: 291736

Regards,

Shehan