Question

Posting external supplier invoice to Work Task

• 16 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I have an External supplier invoice that was imported via integration (invoice series “SX”). In the posting proposal line, I enter my Work Order and Work Task. I authorize the posting proposal and finally post it. However, I don’t get a new Cost line to my Work Task.

If I enter a Manual supplier invoice (invoice series “SI”), enter Work Order and Work Task on posting line, and finally post it, then I successfully get a new Cost line to my Work Task. I’m struggling to find the reason why these two processes act differently.

Is there a parameter or some setting that affects these two processes? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Br, Tuukka

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

As far as I know it shouldn’t be any difference here.

@hastse - Do you have any input on this Hans?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

There should not be any difference for this as I know it.

Report the issue to support for deeper investigation.

/Hans

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

OK, let’s see if there’s something to fix in the system code. I’ll post the results here when support investigation is done.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

FYI, I’ve managed to narrow this down to external supplier invoices that have posting information in the incoming invoice message. Then the posting lines receive Posting Type = EXTERNAL. These rows do not generate cost lines in the Work Task.

If I manually enter the posting lines to the posting proposal, then the rows naturally get Posting Type = MANUAL. These successfully generate cost lines to Work Task.

I’ll post this issue to IFS support, let’s see what the investigation brings up.