Question

Posting Analysis Transferred but no Voucher Generated

• 2 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Good Morning, 

We are reviewing our Distribution and Manufacturing Postings Analysis Screen and noticed that we have a transaction that is transferred (Status Code 3) but no voucher was generated.  It looks like the posting controls are setup correctly as we have no errors (M1 - Inventory & M5 - Receipt Without Purchase Order) showing on this transaction.  This is a first time occurrence from the Distribution side for us because we usually clear errors and they push through as desired.

Any help on this would be great as this is going to affect Month End Close.

We are currently on Apps 10 Update 20 in IFS.

Thanks

9 replies

Badge +3

Check the GL vouchers. Maybe you have a scheduled Update GL vouchers database task which has moved the voucher to GL already. I had a similar question from a user about disappearing vouchers. Check the voucher number column in the postings analysis and then try to find that MPL voucher in the accounting rules and GL. The voucher number is saved on the posting rows at the transfer.

I am assuming that the users are connected to the authority class which allows them to see voucher rows on these two accounts used for M1 and M5.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@piswpl here is the interesting thing, we uploaded 120 records the same way at the same time.  This is the only one that fell out of the group.  Its super strange and we don’t know why.

I dont have a voucher number in the posting analysis screen at all, it never generated.

Badge +3

Could you post the screenshot of the records with the posting status, posting value and voucher type and number at the same time? Also, could you post the screenshots of the inventory transaction details (all three tabs).

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@piswpl See attached.

Badge +3

That’s interesting. I have not seen such case in 16 years. How was this manual receipt created - in IFS or by any SQL scripts or customized logic by chance?

Badge +3

..as the user who created the transaction is IFSAPP...

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

It was done via a migration tool with our Admin login (IFSAPP).

Badge +3

Now you may have your reason. Hard to say anything without jumping into details of that migration. I doubt you will ever achieve the same issue creating manual receipts manually. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I agree with @piswpl.  Can you see any difference between that transaction and the other 119 in the migration file or in the inventory transaction detail in IFS (other than lack of voucher)?  Did you notice if the rest were in a status of ‘2’ after migration, before posting? (I’m assuming they were or they wouldn’t have transferred to the GL properly)