Question

PO with Direct Delivery - Different Tax Code in MSI

• 7 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello,

I have the following scenario:

Customer Order with Supply Code Purch Order Dir that generates a Purchase Requisition and a Purchase Order. The PO has Direct Delivery

I need to have a different Tax Code when I create the Manual Supplier Invoice based on a PO with Direct Delivery. Is it possible to set up?

Or at least have some kind of alert that the PO had Direct Delivery so I can be aware and change it manually? 

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

When you enter the supplier invoice, won’t you see the tax code is different (it will be out of balance) and know to edit it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

When you enter the supplier invoice, won’t you see the tax code is different (it will be out of balance) and know to edit it?

Hello @cperdue, thanks for your help.

Yes and no. The PO and MSI can be done from different departments. And once it has direct delivery the tax code can be different than that on the supplier’s page, so it would be great if possible to flag/alert when a direct delivery as made or, in a perfect scenario, to change it automatically. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

We have commonly implemented without the supplier tax code on the PO and matched against the net supplier invoice adding tax at that point.   Is this a possible alternative?