Question

Package Parts/Sales Parts Posting Controls

• 14 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

I have a situation where my client is looking to use Package Parts as a means of grouping multiple Sales Parts and into one line item on the Invoice/Order Confirmation forms, etc but they want to have the underlying Posting Controls still post based off of the components Sales Parts.

As a standard out of box functionality it doesn’t seem like this is possible to my understanding. The posting controls will be re-driven at the Package Part level. Has anyone heard otherwise?

I’m thinking a CRIM would need to be developed to suppress the individual prices on report forms in lieu of using Package Parts. Has anyone else dealt with a similar request? If so would you be able to share the CRIM doc and provide best practices & tips to steer clear of common pitfalls when it comes to solutioning this scenario?

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Had the request a number of times, but never did a mod.  Would rather suggest considering a tweak to the reports rather than a CRIM to alter the postings. The CRIM is bigger than just postings. 

The COGS uses the inventory parts not the packaged parts.   The sales side uses the sales part (packaged part) so when using the packaged parts you get automatic mismatch. 

Packaged part although a nice function, does not play well with sales reporting.  You still sold the packaged part not the components.  

I typically steer away from that function as it is today (unfortunately). 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +3

Hi, 

Had the request a number of times, but never did a mod.  Would rather suggest considering a tweak to the reports rather than a CRIM to alter the postings. The CRIM is bigger than just postings. 

The COGS uses the inventory parts not the packaged parts.   The sales side uses the sales part (packaged part) so when using the packaged parts you get automatic mismatch. 

Packaged part although a nice function, does not play well with sales reporting.  You still sold the packaged part not the components.  

I typically steer away from that function as it is today (unfortunately). 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Sorry I should’ve been a bit more specific  when I said “CRIM”, I was thinking of setting up some additional custom fields on the Customer Order Lines to facilitate the logic required to achieve the desired results on the reports. Not a modification.

But I appreciate your input, sounds like I’m on the right path.

Thanks,

Robert