Solved

One time supplier

• 4 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

Anyone that can inform me about one-time-suppliers and I would be forewer greatful.

I dont quite understand  how to use it. It seemes like I have to open the supplier site and register the suppliers data. What is the point then? I would like a form of “shortcut” in the manual suppliersystem where I could register the onetimesuppl. and the payment will show in the paymentproposals along with the other invoices at due date. Then they should remain in a separat log so they are searchable later if needed.

That was my wish now back to reality, h ow does it work? 

Mvh BM

icon

Best answer by Xavier Fernando 4 November 2021, 19:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

One time supplier - you would set up supplier X (for example) with a given name (One Time Sup as an example) and in the first tab (general tab) click one time only supplier. 

Note when entering the one time supplier these entities are not available for  purchase order.  So you can fill out address type data and other finance type data. No purchase type data can be entered. 

The concept is when processing an invoice you enter this supplier X (one time supplier) and IFS will ask for use case specific data - for example This one time the name is XYZ with address 394944 and pay information as YYYYYYY.   That invoice is then for supplier X but the name is XYZ.   

If you look at the supplier you will see new address records for every use of that supplier. 

This works really good as back in apps 8 SP{2 IFS changed many finance functions to be based on the address information rather then only being based on the supplier. So now we track many things by the address and can see different data for the same supplier X. 

It’s really good functionality. But it does not work with purchase orders / customer orders.  But that’s OK it works for Finance. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you for your quick reply.

I guess we have to try this in our test-environment  :grin:

Best Regards Britt-Mari

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Dear @Britt-Mari ,

By definition One-time suppliers are supported in Financials operations only and not in Purchase module.

According to the documentation One-time suppliers are supplier IDs that can be used to keep a record of the different supplier addresses where there is no need to follow-up on the total purchases and other figures per name and address.

Supplier specific information like name, address, tax number, AP supplier contact information and electronic bank address can be entered when an invoice for a one-time supplier is created. 

It is possible to enter and update one-time specific information with the following processes:

Manual Supplier Invoice
Outgoing Supplier Invoice
External Supplier Invoices (no update of existing one-time information)
Supplier Analysis / Ledger Items
Supplier Payment Proposal Details

It is not possible to do purchase using a supplier record which does not have info in Supplier screen/Purchase tab as those info are needed for the purchase order process.

Further,If you are planning to use this supplier for frequent purchase transactions, it might be hard for you to maintain the record as one-time supplier. The idea of one-time functionality is to provide a master supplier to record one time purchases (less frequent), because there is no point to create a complete supplier master record in your AP, if you are not dealing with the supplier again. You can create a single one-time supplier and keep addresses separately for one time purchases. Under single supplier, you can keep bank accounts of the different supplier. So, one-time supplier will act as a master (dummy) supplier.