Question

Non-supplier payments

• 17 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Sometimes we need to write a check to a customer that doesn’t take their credits.  Currently we create a supplier & write a check that way.  

Is there another way to write a check without having to add a supplier?

Looking for answers for IFS9 & IFS10

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You can use the customer repayment function

there will be basic data setup -like in payment documents you will have to setup the customer repayment series and the way of payment you use in the payment proposal has to be on your customer

Basic test plan:
customer payment proposal - RMB and create repayment proposal - go to details and make sure your  invoice that was overpaid is there
RMB and acknowledge payment proposal
RMB and create payment order
Customer payment order - find your order - RMB and create check payment

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Nancy - thank you for the response.  I see the credit on customer’s account after creating the payment proposal but when I create the payment order, I am getting a message saying no items were selected into the payment order.  See below:

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Did you setup the payment method on the customer and flag it as their default?

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

When setting this up do we need a different check series than the one we use for Supplier Checks or could we use the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It depends on needs. 

Typically, most of my clients use the exact same series.  - You set up the series on the customer repayment, but that would be the same as the supplier check payment set up. An option exists to use that supplier check series. You still need to set it up. 

One time, somebody wanted a different series only for customer checks.  

So, you can do either. 

Best regards, 

Thomas