Skip to main content
Question

New Manual Supplier Invoice CLOUD - Modify Gross Amount Error

• 21 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Good day Community.

I have noticed when entering a New Manual Supplier Invoice in IFS Cloud, we get an error if a change is made to the Gross Amount in step 1. For example, if user does a typo, the corrected amount doesn’t carry through to the subsequent steps and IFS goes on to register the supplier invoice with the original incorrect input value. Has anyone else encountered this conflict? 

It means that the invoice is registered with the incorrect amount and needs to be cancelled and re-entered. Causing additional user input to rectify. I would have expected the Gross Amount value is only committed at point of clicking “Finish” or “Next”

I have the following test plan:

1. New Manual Supplier Invoice
  2. Complete mandatory fields – Supplier, Invoice No, Gross Amount
  3. On clicking out of the Gross Amount field, the Net Amount and Tax Amount auto calculate
  4. Change Gross Amount to another value
  5. >Next
  6. Step 2 still holds the first entered Gross Amount details, not the revised values
  7. When click “Finish”, get question

1. If click “Yes” - first (incorrect) value is registered.
  2. If click “No”, stuck in a loop.
  3. Result - invoice registered with wrong value. Needs to be cancelled and started again.

Is anyone else experiencing this in Cloud?

Thanks!

3 replies

Badge

If you want the amounts in the header to remain as you entered them, correct the amounts in the line totals so that they match. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

System will check if the header totals is in line with the line level total, if there is any discrepancy system will populate this message. So that user can make the necessary corrections either in line level or if line level is correct then simply say yes to the message so that it will copy correct values from line level & proceed accordingly.

Badge +2

Thanks for your response both. I understand your point and agree with this.

My issue is that IFS commits the wrong amount to step 2 of the process.

This does not make sense as the other fields on step 1 are editable and are only committed at point of progressing to step 2.