Question

Need automated daily export of financial data

• 9 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I had a request come my way and hoping for some guidance.  We have a new Controller here and he is wanting to utilize a corporate account reconciliation process.  This would involve exporting data daily from IFS in a certain format (see below).  I’m sure this is doable, but don’t know best way to do so.  First look seems like the External File functionality in Accounting might be a place to start.  Wondering if anyone has set this type of transfer up before and if I am on the right track. 

Thanks in advance!  We are on Apps8 sp1+

To integrate  we’ll need a trial balance and ledger transaction file published to a FTP directory daily. 

• Text files
  • Pipe delimiter “|”
  • No column headings
  • Static filename (so data overwrites and doesn’t create new files)

Trial Balance- 13 months rolling periods including current month (include all accounts- even without activity and zero balance)

BU Name|Year|Month|Account|Account Description|Opening Balance|Net Activity|Total Debits|Total Credits|Ending Balance

Ledger Transactions- 3 months rolling periods including current month (depending on volume- exclude P&L accounts)(Doc and Local values are positive for debits and negative for credits)

BU Name|Doc Date|Posting Date|Doc Number|Doc Type|Year|Month|Account|Account Description|”D” or “C”|Local Amount|Line Refrence|Posted By|Doc Type Description|Doc Currency|Customer/Vendor ID|Doc Amount|

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @EXLBLUND ,

If you have in-house technical resources then I would recommend creating a PLSQL Package with a procedure that utilises the UTL_FILE Oracle feature.

Useful resources below:

https://oracle-base.com/articles/misc/ftp-from-plsql

https://asktom.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:88212348059

I have an example that exports to CSV but not TXT, let me know if it will be of use.

Cheers,

Pete