Question

Multiple Address Identity

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Team,

Request you to please help me for the below scenario:

Company is having one site and two address identities i.e. 10 & 20. 

So, whenever I am trying to create a Customer Order it is always considering first address identity i.e. 10 as the Company (Seller) delivery address.

But for few customers, I want second address identity i.e. 20 as the Company (Seller) delivery address while creating a CO.

Request to provide solution asap.

Thanks,

Rakesh

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The default delivery address is based on the address type.  You should set the required delivery address as “default” (e.g. in your example, some customers it will be address 20 and for some it will be address 10) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Rakesh ,

The ‘delivery address’ getting picked in ‘customer order’ is the address defined in ‘customer > Address’ tab.

Accordingly, system will define address set as ‘default delivery address’ in customer window by default when creating the customer order.

A customer could have only one ‘default delivery address’ and hence if you need to set a different address as delivery address, I think you will have to do it manually using ‘LOV’.

Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

As explained above delivery address is picked from Customer window and not company window:

Also document address gets fetched from customer window.

Which is ticked as default gets fetched automatically and this can be manually changed to another.

Are you referring to a different address field gets fetched from company window?

Thank you,

Dhananga

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Or are you talking about the company’s own document address or delivery country or the sender address for the shipment? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Dhananga Jayatilake @Sugandi Nadeeshika @IRituma 

I am sorry if I am not able to put my question in a proper manner.

My query was I have created a Company having one site and two address identities i.e. 10 & 20.

So, whenever I am trying to create a Customer Order it is always considering first address identity i.e. 10 as the Company (Seller) address.

But for few customers, I want second address identity i.e. 20 as the Company (Seller) address while creating a CO.

Based on Company(Seller) address identity, tax is getting fetched. So, I am not able to get correct Tax for few customers as it is always picking up 10 as address identity.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Rakesh,

For the few customers you want address identity 20 to be fetched as seller address,

hope you can make it as default (by checking default flag) in customer window address tab.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Dhananga

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Unless you create a CRIM, there is nothing I can think of to automate picking up company address 20 in just certain instances. Making it the default address on the Site record will apply to all customer orders.

However, in the Customer Order you can change the Supply Country in the Misc Order tab to automatically apply the correct tax treatment. Unless a CRIM is in place, this is a manual step (usually checked at the same timeas customer address, sales price, tax etc.) 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi IRituma,

In my case the problem is both the address belong to the same country :(

Tax is fetched as per the state (India Localization).

In Site window,  can we change the delivery address as per our requirement every time whilecreating the CO for those  specific customers??

Will this work?

Thanks,

Rakesh

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Since this is an India localisation, there is a solution for this in IFS as part of the localisation and manually changing the default address on the site is not the most user-friendly solution; there is a better option. Which version of IFS are you on?  Best to check the localisation notes, it’s described how to achieve the correct tax treatment

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @IRituma

I am using IFS Apps 10.

It will be really helpful if you can provide a solution for this.

Thanks,

Rakesh 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Rakesh , I’ve attached the India Country Solution document which explains the Indian localisation. There is no field specifically for the Customer Order’s site address, but there is functionality around adding categorisation against the line level of the CO. I hope this helps solve your issue! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @IRituma 

Thank u so much for the document.

But as the situation is a blocker and needs to be solved asap.

Can u please suggest me which page I should look into for the solution as it contains around 126 pages and its difficult for me to quickly go through all the pages.

Thanks,

Rakesh