Solved

Multi-Company Project Accounting

• 13 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

In Apps 10, we are wondering about some accounting related to multi-company projects.  

• Do you know if both the Supplier Company and the Customer Company need to cost account the hours for an employee before any transfer is done between the companies?
  • If the supplier company cost accounts but the customer company does not, what happens? And vice versa? 
icon

Best answer by Jasondereuck 14 April 2020, 04:09

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

The supply company and the customer company do not need to both cost account because you can set the resale value to zero. This comment is specific to recording hours, not multi-company supplier invoices that impact projects. 

In the supply company, you record the hours as a multi-company transaction where the internal cost may carry a value e.g $10 per hour. Based on the report code being used, you can set the associated sales value to $0. 

In the customer company, the hours will be recorded as far as units is concerned but at ZERO dollars. 

Hope that makes sense. I can possibly talk you through some more detail if you wanted to share screens and we can work through an example in your test environment. 

jason

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Jasondereuck 

Hi, Jason:  Thank you for your response!  I know it’s been several months, but I hope late is better than never!

Joann