Question

Monthly recurring vouchers

• 6 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

I would like to know if there is a possibility to post monthly recurring vouchers automatically in IFS? 

Not amounts depending on other entries like in GL automatic posting rule but for example amounts accrued each month for an insurance. 

Thanks a lot for your answers. 

Aurelia 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hello @Aurelia 

You can use period allocation functionality to achieve this goal. The function is available on the invoice, manual voucher, mixed payment etc.

There are number of steps you need to complete before allocating your cost.

1. You need to have voucher type with function group X
  2. Define voucher series per voucher type and assign the user group you want
  3. Define posting control GP2 (Account Prepaid Expenses)
  4. Enter your insurance invoice with cost account
  5. Select posting line and click period allocation
  6. Enter start and end date for the allocation, select user group and X voucher type and allocation method
  7. Click distribute button, IFS will calculate for you allocation for defined range
  8. Click OK and complete invoice posting
  9. Update vouchers to general ledger
  10. You can see allocation vouchers in GL voucher rows analysis

Select Period allocation on Invoice posting

Enter information on allocation window and click distribute

Hope this explanation helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

As noted, the period allocation is a great tool that allocates an amount (insurance invoice) over multiple periods. 

For other common recurring type postings - month end entries (payroll and other) accruals that are nor spread over the months, we use the Voucher Template.   

A voucher template can optionally save amounts for example same amount every month, or for payroll where the value is different every month you would not include the amounts. 

Best regards, 

Badge +1

Thanks a lot for your answers !

Badge +2

Hi, 

As noted, the period allocation is a great tool that allocates an amount (insurance invoice) over multiple periods. 

For other common recurring type postings - month end entries (payroll and other) accruals that are nor spread over the months, we use the Voucher Template.   

A voucher template can optionally save amounts for example same amount every month, or for payroll where the value is different every month you would not include the amounts. 

Best regards, 

Can voucher templates be scheduled, as to make them “automatic”? I don’t see the option (cloud based version) but we are quite new to IFS. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

As an alternative you might use external files. Simply said: you can copy one or multiple files (from a repository where you store the files for your recurring vouchers) to the import folder (using a cron job or other tool) for external files and upload and post it automatically. I am not aware of a time scheduled / automatic function for that.

Badge +2

As an alternative you might use external files. Simply said: you can copy one or multiple files (from a repository where you store the files for your recurring vouchers) to the import folder (using a cron job or other tool) for external files and upload and post it automatically. I am not aware of a time scheduled / automatic function for that.

We are essentially using the external files like you suggest, and I just have a calendar reminder on my PC to do it every month. Still fast, but not “automated”. Thanks Ralph!