Question

Monthly customer statement of account emails.

• 1 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We have created an event that will email the customer statement of account when a report has been run.

I have concerns about the number of messages that will be generated and sent when this is run.

Has anyone used a bulk mailer system process these messages? The next question is how to export the individual messages so they  can be transferred to the mailer service.  

2 replies

Badge +2

Step-1 - Define a report rule to fire an e-mail when a report is executed (here you can pick email id dynamically based on customer contact or supplier contact or employee)

Step-2  - Execute the report using PLSQL Code say looping each Customer (as a Custom Menu or Quick Report or from a PLSQL tool)

Multiple report execution happens and the RRE fires multiple e-mails. These are background queued jobs and hence should not choke other processes (if you allocate a dedicated process)

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I have a problem with the bulk send, having multiple crystal failures when producing a large number of reports.

Quite like the idea of executing the report in pl/sql with a loop to ensure jobs run 1 at a time but my pl/sql skills are lacking. Would prefer to use custom menu. Do you have an example of the code needed?