Question

M18 appears twice when matching PO receipt on invoice

• 12 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello to the community,

I am trying supplier invoicing workflow and for the first time, I am having two lines of M18 when matching PO receipts (parts received into arrival) on the manual supplier invoice, does anyone know what could be the reason for this and how to avoid having this problem in the future? 

I am wondering if there has been something done on the supplier’s window but not sure.

Thank you for your help 

Tanya

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Is there a Variance between the PO Value and Invoice Value? if yes then You will see M18 Repeated and an Additional Posting of either M19/M20 equal to the Value of Variance

Thank You

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you for your quick reply.

It created 2 M18 and a M19 - I checked the amounts why M19 was being executed, but found no difference of price between the PO and invoice.

If you have any other idea of possible cause, let me know :) 

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Can you provide the following details please,

from

1. PO - Item wise - Per Unit Value (Please Mention Currency), Ordered Quantity, and Total Value
  2. GRN - Item wise - Received Quantity
  3. Manual Supplier Invoice - Item wise - Per Unit Value (Please Mention Currency), Invoiced Quantity, and Total Value

Thank You

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello Ramesh

• On PO line, currency is EUR, ordered quantity is 1 and total value is 50 without tax
  • On manual supplier invoice, same amount gets mapped when copying PO lines received not yet matched.
  • The received quantity for the order is 1 on the “receipt” window

Then i click on “purchase” and then “match PO receipts” and get 3 lines of postings instead of one : 

This time i got 50 euros on M18 + 450 euros on M18 and M20.

Price conv factor is set to 1 on the supplier for purchase part window. 

Thanks for your help 

Tanya

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

hi Please Check, whether Manual Supplier Invoice - Posting Information “Balance” is 0. If it is not then the matching is not accurate,

Thank You

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello, 

The balance is 0 since the M18 et M20 are equal (debit and credit) so it is offset; it still seems like there is still an error since there are 3 lines on the posting proposal step (even if balanced) but there should only have been one M18.

Thanks

Tanya

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Are you using Standard Costing? If so what is the Part Cost?

Cheers,

Graham