Solved

Jinsui Invoice / Interface. Name in Chinese Characters

• 25 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Apparently there is a requirement to have the name of the customer defined in chinese characters for the jinsui invoices / interface. Anyone know why this is not part of standard, or is it so that the customer name must be written in chinese characters (but this is not ok if it is a global customer used for other entities in IFS from my point of view)

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 25 October 2021, 21:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I believe that if you enter an address specific name, that that name will be on the invoice for the jinsui reporting. 

The invoice  (for that address) is Invoice Name Company 24. 

The thinking is for the appropriate address use for a given customer can be in Chinese.   The Global name would be in the common language.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I tried using the “Customer Name” and wrote it in Chinese. However it didn’t find it’s way to the Jinsiu file generated by the system. So I think the name as suggested by you Thomas will not work. I mean it should have worked cause it is a good proposal you are coming with. I know this is part of an chinese extention to have the name in chinese in the jinsui tab on customer/(invoice, but find it strange that it is not covered in standard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Suggestion would be to log a case.   The customer specific name was added (I believe) apps 8 SP2.  It’s very possible that Jinsiu may not have been updated.    When I did Jinsiu, it was back in apps 8 SP1 and this client had separate customers for China. Not because IFS, but that’s how their old system worked. The data was not shared.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks, Thomas. I will create a ticket. it sounds right what you are saying. But it seems like it has been lost somewhere on the way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

V9 UD13, China Localization installed

The default document address should be in Chinese for Jinsui submissions to work correctly.

If there is a need for an alternate language version of the document address, we add it as a secondary document address.

We have also implemented (prior to integrating the China company) a custom field on the customer that is the Global Site Name for the customer that is always in English so it is visible and understandable for every other site.  The legal customer name is then stored on the Address itself which can be in Chinese, English, Italian or German as required by the selling entity.