• 20 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 528 replies

Hi, Community,

please see the attached pic. I have questions here

1. Payment output file location is set in column “Output File Directory” or “Server Output File Directory”, correct? 
  2. Bank input file location is set in column “Input File Directory”, correct?
  3. what is the difference between “Output File Directory” and “Server Output File Directory”?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

As far as I know,

1. you can set “Output File Directory” . You can give a location in your computer for Output File Directory . If it is used by many user it should be a common location. “Server Output File Directory” is not mandatory. If not defined a location will be select from IFS connect setup.
  2. Input File location is not required for ISO20022 as it a file that we sent to bank.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

1. Output File Directory
  2. Correct
  3. Output File Directory - where the payment file is created when payment order is processed and server Output File Directory is location is the server where the output file is created. As normal practice same details are given in both fields.

Thank you,

Dhananga

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If I remember well, for xml payment formats, file location in “Payment method per institute” does not play any role. 

file location will be indicated (the SERVER location) in Routing Address definition when address type is File. But e.g. xml payment files may be transferred by e-mail as well using Mail address type.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @ronhu ;

It is only possible to use the  Server Output File Directory  via the batch process. This directory is not available in the local machine but server location. Hence, when you create a payment file through the batch process the file will NOT get created in your local machine. You should go to the server location to view the output file.

Further, ‘Server Output File Directory' and 'Sever Output file Directory History' are used only when the payment file is generated via a background job. This has been the standard IFS Application functionality throughout. Therefore, when generating the payment order, the user should specify it as a background job; which will generate the payment file in the specified server location. (This is common for any payment file generation unless it is specifically designed to be created on a server location eg: SEPA).

In contrast, when you use the  Output File Directory ; which is only available for use via the online process, the file would be only generated in the local machine location and not on a server location. Then you can access the file using your local machine.

Additionally, the Repeat Media Output functionality has not been designed with background process availability. Therefore, it is not possible to generate the payment file in a server location when using the Repeat Media Output functionality.

Hope above explanation assist you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Dhananga Jayatilake 

@Xavier Fernando 

@Adam Bereda 

@GayanD 

Thank you all.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

What setup is required to get XML file in local machine? when I tried providing My local machine address to output file directory it is only sending application message but file is not saved in local system. Any setup that I am missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It is complex topic in general, I think.
XML payment files are not created by IFS client directly on user’s local machine, but application messages are processed by Extended Server and are created in location accessible by that server. 
In my case it is UNIX machine located in DataCentre, and it took ages to configure bridge between Unix and Windows machines allowing Extended Server writing files in Windows location, accessible (with all security checks) in the Windows network.

Perhaps it could be easier in your case, but it is not just a configuration inside IFS system.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

It is complex topic in general, I think.
XML payment files are not created by IFS client directly on user’s local machine, but application messages are processed by Extended Server and are created in location accessible by that server. 
In my case it is UNIX machine located in DataCentre, and it took ages to configure bridge between Unix and Windows machines allowing Extended Server writing files in Windows location, accessible (with all security checks) in the Windows network.

Perhaps it could be easier in your case, but it is not just a configuration inside IFS system.

Thanks for this explanation