Question

ISO20022 Group of payment

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

When we made payment with EBF the payment was grouped for one supplier. Which means that all the invoices to a supplier with the same due date were payed in one transaction
Now when we make payment via ISO20022, it doesn’t group them. Which means that it makes one transaction for each invoice. Is there a way to group the invoice payments and payed in one amount in ISO20022?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Heshani,

I am not 100% sure but you can try the ‘Batch Booking’ check box in Format Specific Info per Insitute mask for Format ID IS020022 (Payment Institute/Payment Methods per Institute/Format Specific Info per Institute):

As the Help explains this checkbox indicates whether a single entry per individual transaction or a batch entry for the sum of the amounts of all transactions in a payment is requested. 
This value (true or false) is mapped to <BtchBookg> XML tag in ISO20022 XML file.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Georgios

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Heshani Vidanapathirana

The ISO20022 payment initiation will contain Payment Type information as well as Credit Transfer Transaction Level information.

If the invoices contain structured remittance information, then multiple credit transfer transaction blocks will be created.

if the invoices contain unstructured remittance information, then the invoices will be grouped under one credit transfer transaction block, considering few other factors such as similar payment dates, similar currency, similar electronic payment address information etc in the application.

According to the provided information, i hope you can use the following set up to group the invoices per supplier.

Unstructured remittance information can be created by unchecking the checkbox structured payment which is available in the Format Specific Information Per institute window.

Path > Payment Institute > Select ISO20022 payment method and use RMB option “Format Specific Information Per institute” .

This setting will create unstructured payments for all the suppliers.

If you want to create unstructured remittance information based on the supplier, then use “Unstructured payments only” checkbox available in the “Electronic payment address” of the required supplier.

Hope this clarifies the question. Please get back to me should you have any concern.

Regards,

Lihini.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

As the former designer of the functionality, I acknowledge Lihini’s comment. ISO20022 format (App10 onwards) give you more flexibility than the country specific legacy format such as Telepay (IFS term - EBF)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

Is there any method to include credit notes for the same supplier payment proposal when handling unstructured payment. I have tried to tick the check box  of “Allow credit grouping for Non-Sepa payments” while having the unstructured payment. But system doesn't allow to save the record. My issue is to include credit notes as well as debit notes for the same supplier payment proposal and also it should be unstructured payment.

Thank you