Question

Is it possible to remove Printed Instant invoice and re-create with same invoice number

• 16 January 2022
  • 4 replies

I’m having some issue while posting invoice. Is it possible to delete and re-create invoice with same invoice number.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Sha77 

I am afraid you cannot remove or correct an invoice once it is printed. Below I have quoted how IFS has defined this functionality. If your purpose of this to avoid the issue you are having while posting invoices, my suggestion it to investigate those issues and take corrective actions. 

Best Regards,
Tharaka.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Could you use Correction Invoice functionality? This will save from crediting the entire invoice and re-creating it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Sha77,

If you face any issue while posting the invoice, 1st we need to look at, if the issue is occurred due to an error. In that scenario, please try to correct the invoice error through ‘Customer Invoices with errors’ window. Most of these errors are functional errors and therefore can be corrected via the application basic data set up itself.

As I have shown below, you could locate the invoice which ends up with error while posting and relevant details for the error as well. This will give you hints on how the error can be corrected.

In this way you can generate the Invoice with the same invoice number.

However, if the invoice is rejected after the processing the invoice. Then you have to follow the correction invoice process. In that scenario you cannot get the invoice with the same invoice number, because the invoice number is set to generate automatically for each, and every new invoice created.

I hope above information will help you to have an understanding on the issue you had. However, if you need further information on how to create a correction invoice or if you need to rectify any specific error you encounter while processing the invoice, you may get back to me by replying to this post.

Kind regards,

Shanuka.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I would assume the desire is to then print the instant invoice.  If printing is not necessary then yes you can recreate the invoice and re-use the same (almost the same) invoice number. 

The manual customer invoice screen is typically used for data migration and interfaces where we would load existing invoices into IFS. Typically this is done via external invoice but you can manually key the invoice with postings as needed.  The invoice number can be “almost” the same as the Instant invoice.  The full invoice number in IFS is something like II 990002328.   You can create the manual customer invoice with any other prefix (commonly CI) resulting in a new invoice as CI 990002328.  

The down side of the Manual customer invoice is we have no print capabilities from that process. 

Like other have written typically you would create a new instant invoice or use the correction invoice function.  Assuming the invoice may be sophisticated the work copy is used to ensure the invoice is good before the final printing where the invoice (for the most parts) is final.  

You don’t describe what's’ wrong with the instant invoice so the next option is a possibility. Assuming some customer / address or similar data is incorrect, you can update that data and reprint the invoice using revised data (not reprint original).  That keeps the same invoice number just with updated data. 

Best regards, 

Thomas