Question

Invoice dropping Line Item Table on some Advance Invoices

• 8 June 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We are running Apps10 UPD19 and are having problems with our Advance Invoice printouts.  This started in UPD14.

When we print an Advance Invoice - if Finance overrides the default description (Prepayment) to anything else, the line item section of the invoice does not print.  It goes directly from the header section to the subtotal.

If Finance leaves the default text as Prepayment - the invoice prints correctly.

Looking at our report archive info - IFS uses our Invoice (CUSTOMER_ORDER_IVC_REP) Report definition for Advance Invoices.  When I compare the XML data for both invoices (prints correct vs. drops line item table), both appear to be correctly format XML files and the descriptive text is in the same tag (<CUSTOMER_PART_DESC>).  

The solution IFS support provided is to use a different report layout, except the report layout that works is an old layout with the wrong company contact info.  I’m trying to figure out why my correct layout (I only have 1) works for all other invoices EXCEPT Advance when the user does a description override.  What makes it really strange is the fact it does work if they leave the default text in place.

Any suggestions?  I need this to work on our correct company invoice layout.  I’m thinking about hiring someone to fix our layout, except I have no idea what to tell them to fix.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!