Question

Invalid Code Part Demands on Customer Invoice - How to add preposting?

• 24 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi community, I have the case where i have a customer order invoice line that was not preposted correctly but the invoice was created. This causes the invoice to sit in Customer Invoice with Error. I cannot see how i can adjust the preposting on the customer invoice line to correct it as in the Invoice details the preposting on the line is not available for editing. 

Do i need to add some posting controls to force these through with fixed code parts or is there a way to edit the code part on either the original invoice, or somewhere in the Customer Invoices with Error. 

Thanks,

David.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @david.harmer ,

If the user could not add pre-posting in the customer order level, he/she cannot do it after the invoice has been created. In this case you can either;

• Change relevant account’s code part settings to “can” and process the invoice from customer invoices with errors window
  • Insert code parts using a data repair script

Going forward, to avoid this issue, you can set up pre-posting as mandatory from Posting Control.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi David,

May I know to which posting control did you want to add the pre postings ?

Was it for IP2 posting control which represents the account receivable portion … any other…?

If it is for IP2, I can provide you a solution to add pre posting even if invoice is posted.

Best Regards,
Chirantha.   

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi - I found that if i went back to the customer order line and pre-posted the line, and then went to customer orders with invoices and selected Process Invoice… it resolved the error.