Question

Intercompany invoices via EDI

• 21 November 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi all,

Wonder if you can help with an issue we are having with the inter-company invoicing.

We had an order for our Spanish site from a customer in Spain. The part was supplied by our UK site, sent over and then the accompanying invoice was sent from the UK to our Spanish site via the EDI messaging.

The below screenshot confirms that the invoice was sent….

This is all well and good, but we can’t seem to find said invoice in the Supplier Invoice Analysis for our Spanish site….

Are there any settings we are missing or something we have overlooked??

Many thanks

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Bump

Any clues to this guys??

Many thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Darren Ruddock I worked with this process a few years back. If I recall well, once the invoice is sent by one company, it should land in External Supplier Invoices screen of the other company and from there someone from finance should approve it so that it flows into your Supplier Invoice Analysis screens.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Marcel,

Many thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we still can’t find it. Is there anything in the below screenshots for the customer and supplier message setups that could be causing this??

Many thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Darren Ruddock I believe there is definitely something missing from the inter-co setup.

I see on your supplier record the sequence no is null for INVOIC. This means your supplier didn’t receive any INVOIC message, that’s why you don’t see anything in External Supplier Invoices screen.

is your intersite mapping done correctly?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Marcel,

Yes, that all seems to be set up correctly. Is there anywhere else we should be looking??

Thanks again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, I am wondering if you have checked Inmessage and outmessage box…

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Alhagmo,

Thanks for helping.

This may be a silly question but, where are these located???

Cheers

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Darren Ruddock Inbox and Outbox message queues could be started in System Parameters. Please make sure these 2 are ON.

Normally when they would run they should process the messages through Background Jobs. Can you check if there’s any failed background job with function OUT_MESSAGE_UTIL_API.PROCESS_OUTBOX__ or OUT_MESSAGE_UTIL_API.PROCESS_INBOX__?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Marcel,

Yes, both on…

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Darren Ruddock any background job related to connectivity inbox/outbox in error?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Marcel,

Not that we can attribute to this process.

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Ok, so just found this background job related to this…..

All looks fine, no errors but still no supplier invoice received.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Darren Ruddock  I know it sounds silly but for us, going into the parameters switching the ON to OFF and then back to ON made it that the background jobs for messaging were correctly scheduled again. 

Seems that sometimes with updates/clones/restarts these settings are not always correctly read.

“Have you tried turning it on and off again...” 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks kvbe,

Just done that and tested, no joy.

Next, I’m going to hit it with a hammer...🤣

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Darren Ruddock I kinda’ have the same issue now. So I started digging a bit more. In my scenario I’m trying to send Instant Invoices from one company to the other. In my case I noticed that the messages remain in Outbox Connectivity in status Released. I’m trying to figure out a way to get those records processed.

I guess also in your case you will find the invoice messages in the Connectivity Outbox as maybe they didn’t get processed.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Darren Ruddock the below post helped me solve my issue. Now my Connectivity Outbox messages go to Accepted.