Solved

Intercompany invoices

• 9 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi IFS community,

We have supplier invoices and intercompany ones.

When registering a standard supplier invoice in manual supplier invoice tab we select BBS_AP. We register intercompany invocies under the CORP_IC user group. However we got an error when we tried to register an invoice for one of the suppliers. (the invoice number was a dummy one so I could explain the error message.)

We also noticed that other intercompany supplier have different stat groups each, for the supplier above we created a new supplier group in supplier group tab, we succeeded, and we changed it to the

new one and saved it. 

After that we tried to register the intercompany invoice under the new supplier group in manual supplier invoice tab using CORP_IC user group, we received another type of error message.

Please could you help us out on this issue?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 3 April 2023, 22:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The first error message is due to combination rules in that the noted user group does not have access to that code string.   Meaning that string was either blocked or not allowed. See the combination rules screen. Populate and look for the rule ID 14.   This appears to be blocking that entry.  

If you send print screen (of the combination rules), I may be able to review and suggest. 

The second error message appears to be caused by the supplier set up -Invoice tab and the posting control. See the IP5 posting control for the account and verify the account for the IC1 control type. Compare that to what’s set up at the supplier.   IC1 is the supplier group. 

Best regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your response.

This is the screenshot of the combination of rules of ID14.

The previous first and the second screenshots are related. I tried to play in a intercompany invoice under the CORP_IC user group got the first screenshot error message. I created a new supplier group for that particular supplier and I changed & saved it to the new one. After I did that, only then I received the second error message when I tried to register an intercompany invoice under CORP_IC user group.

I also send a screen of posting control tab.

We want to register the intercompany invoice under CORP_IC user group as they get different voucher numbers. It is important to us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Your combination rule clearly states you cannot post to that account string.   It would appear that based on your set up you also have a rule that causes that posting. See your posting control.   

If you create a new supplier group, you need to make sure it is consistent with your posting controls / posting control details. 

For example, make sure both IP1 and IP5 can post successfully due to posting controls / posting control details. It looks like you have rules that are either missing details or may not be completely defined.    See your posting control details and compare the settings to the values on the supplier.  

Best regards, 

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi @Thomas Peterson 

Thanj you for your response. Sorry, for being late on my response.

Please could you be a bit more specific? I don´t want to muck something up within our IFS. I think there´s more to it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

See the screen in IFS called combination rules.   This screen is used to designate what a user group can post to - account string, as well as what is not allowed.   Every user who makes entries in IFS must have account strings that are allowed else the posting is in violation of the rules. 

Per the error message, you should see (or it was when the screen image was created) that you had a rule that specified a given code string combination was “not allowed”.  

I’ll create a quick example below. In the below - Rule number 3 the user group AP cannot post to a combination of account 5000 and cost center 100. 

Based on your error message you have a combination rule that blocks that combination from being allowed.  

Best regards