Question

Integration with Bank

• 25 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

We are starting to look into integration between IFS and our bank. One of the questions I have is I see IFS has a BAI file format (Apps 10) but is there a way to INGEST a file from the bank automatically?  Today we upload files and looking to automate aspects such as ACH payments. I was looking through routing rules/routing addresses out of the box and nothing jumped out at me then I read something about others doing this:

1. You have to define message codes based on your bank file

2. Define external payment parameters within IFS based on bank file

3. Bank would upload the document to the desired location, that file then would need to be placed in the application server IN folder. 

4. The file will be loaded, and matching/payments will be performed based on the parameters setup.

Setting up something like the Auto Cash file or something, I would assume we would need to do something with routing rules or routing addresses as well but maybe not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

We typically utilize the external file template.   We create a duplicate file of the bank statement as defined by IFS and edit to meet specific bank file format.   The assistant will guide the upload.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@cperdue thank you this is helpful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Ngerst Nate,

I think this could be done in different ways. If the bank can send the file to a file share, you can define an oracle directory, share it with the bank to put the files. Then the external file assistant can be setup as a schedule job to pick file from the database directory. That could be an easy and straight forward setup.

If needs to be routed through IFS Connect, then you could ask bank to send to a file share/ftp and set that location as a reader in IFS Connect, setup routing rule to pick the file from there and put in oracle directory using file sender routing address, and then process with scheduled external file job.

If the complete flow needs to be automated where IFS should pick the file from the bank and process, then it could be some configuration or minor customization.

Here are some useful community topics regarding that

Nice, automated solution to fetch currency file from bank and processed with external file utility - IFS Cloud - XSL XML to Text transformer | IFS Community

Schedule execution of a custom script - Scheduled execution of a custom script | IFS Community

Note that this can be done on Apps10 or below.

Hope it helps!

Damith