Question

Include Specific Values in Customer interest proposal

• 25 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hi All,

We have come across a requirement to run customer interest proposal including specific customers.  But the existing functionality allows to run the proposal only for a specific range. 

Therefore, it is requested by users to add a new option as follows.

1. Introduce a new selection Parameter “ Customer : Include Specific Values”
  2. Add a new cell to specify customer ID alone with Semicolon (;)
  3. Field to enter the semi-colon separated list would appear where you see the From Customer field . Only when this parameter is selected,  From and To customer fields would be hidden

QUESTION : Since this is a modification , can you suggest an alternative to obtain interest proposal ONLY for specific customers?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Laknak 

How about creating a new interest template and match with your specific customers? Then you can use interest template in the proposal criteria.

Badge +2

I created but get the error “No items found that matched the entry parameters”. It seems like the template change would impact only for the new invoices not the existing ones. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi

If you want it to apply for already created invoices then You must change interest template for installments. Go to  reminder/interest information per invoice window. Find your customer and edit interest template field for the installments

I am adding for you a screen shot. After the change it should work

Hope this helps

Badge +2

Hi, 

Can you provide the steps to get into this window. I only see the interest calculation per invoice but the template ID is not editable. 

The other issue is having many invoices and doing this change manually doesn't seem to be very practical. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi

Financials > Account Receivable > Reminder and Interest > Reminder/Interest Information per Invoice

Regarding how to update, if you have sql access then i can create for you script that will update all customers

regards

Badge +2

Hi , Thank you so much for your prompt response. I will check this alternative with the users.