Question

Importing XML Einvoice

• 10 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Im Trying to import an xml file einvoice into IFS cloud. I also import the file sucessfully but the invoice doesnt find the supplier nor the company. i have the following setup. the file which i import looks like this:

the supplier is available

message setup is also seutp

now they land all in the multi-company external supplier invoice as company HWIT.

of course the supplier doesnt exist in this HWIT company.

i also created an output file to see what exactly ifs is reading. it seems to me OK but these Tags like C50 and so on doesnt say anyting to me. 

does anyone know what i did wrong?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The seller  party identifier is not the supplier number.   This can be the tax id number usually entered in the supplier association number. 

Per my experience the supplier does not always know the IFS supplier number, the supplier knows their tax ID number. 

IFS uses the following to determine the IFS supplier ID from the XML. 

The following procedure is used by IFS Applications to identify the supplier ID. (Note: The system would proceed from one step to another only if the first step results in no match or more than one match.)

1. Match the supplier association number in the received invoice with the association number of the supplier.
  2. Match the supplier VAT number in the received invoice with the tax identity number of the supplier.
  3. Match the bank account number in the received invoice with the default bank account number of the supplier.
  4. Match the Seller ID at Buyer with the supplier ID.

The following procedure is used by IFS Applications to identify the supplier ID. (Note: The system would proceed from one step to another only if the first step results in no match or more than one match.)

Typically - a common process is o  use a Supplier with association no = SellerPartyIdentifier

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Why does the IFS system make all these assumptions that the XML file would contain 

Hi, 

The seller  party identifier is not the supplier number.   This can be the tax id number usually entered in the supplier association number. 

Per my experience the supplier does not always know the IFS supplier number, the supplier knows their tax ID number. 

1. Match the supplier association number in the received invoice with the association number of the supplier.
  2. Match the supplier VAT number in the received invoice with the tax identity number of the supplier.
  3. Match the bank account number in the received invoice with the default bank account number of the supplier.

Typically - a common process is o  use a Supplier with association no = SellerPartyIdentifier

Best regards, 

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Is there a documentation guide that defines all the nodes in the XML?  I painfully doing trial and error and getting frustrated at the results.

Like what are these?

SellerPartyIdentifier

SellerReferenceIdentifier

SellerAccountText

SellerIdAtBuyer

If we are using a system to OCR data off of an invoice then create the XML file we know the exact Supplier ID number.  Why are we forced to then duplicate that value into the Association No field?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Why does the IFS system make all these assumptions that the XML file would contain 

Hi, 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Is there a documentation guide that defines all the nodes in the XML?  I painfully doing trial and error and getting frustrated at the results.

Like what are these?

SellerPartyIdentifier

SellerReferenceIdentifier

SellerAccountText

SellerIdAtBuyer

If we are using a system to OCR data off of an invoice then create the XML file we know the exact Supplier ID number.  Why are we forced to then duplicate that value into the Association No field?

Hi

check the attachment i have entered an excel sheet where all the tags are described

BR 

Sophal

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

here is the attachment

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@bytsophan - thanks for adding the attachment