Question

Importing Journal Entries into IFS 9

• 14 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Can any one share template or how I can import Journal entries into IFS 9. I have a list of long journal entries I need to pass and it will be nice to have a way to import this into IFS 9 from Ms Excel

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Any help will be appreciated

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @Olayoonu,

You can use External Voucher Assistant function to create voucher entry by uploading file.

You need to define external voucher basic data as initial data setup. Create the file template according to the column order defined in Details tab of the external voucher template window.

Hope this information would be useful.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

How do I upload a file, sorry if my questions sound strange. I am a new user

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @Olayoonu,

Refer below process diagram

Also detailed steps for the 2nd Activity in the process diagram

1. Open the External File Assistant.
  2. Choose processing mode, Online or Batch.
  3. Click Next.
  4. Supply file options on this page, i.e. external file type, parameter set, external file template and the file name.
    The file direction is set automatically according to the following:
  • If the referenced parameter set has the parameter FILE_DIRECTION_DB defined then the direction according to the value for this parameter will be used.
  • Else if the file template has definitions for either input files or output files then the existing definition will decide the direction.
  • If the file template has definitions for both input and output files then output will be the suggested direction.

Make sure that the file direction is InputFile.

1. Click Next.
  2. If a parameter set was supplied that has associated parameters then these parameters will be displayed along with defined default values. Modify the values for each parameter if necessary. Click List, if available, to get valid values for each parameter.  The field might also support a drop down list with valid values.
  3. If the processing mode is Online then click Finish to start the process, else click  Next.
  4. If the processing mode is Batch then define the scheduling of the batch job and start the process by clicking Finish.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

hi @Olayoonu, were you able to use the functionality?

• Make sure you have basic data set up: accounting rules > voucher > external voucher > external voucher basic data. create at least 1 row where you define the voucher type you are going to use. ie: M for manual voucher 
  • You can use the system defined STDVOU template but verify how the date format is and what separator value you are using (you can copy this template and set it up differently if you prefer).   I would recommend to start with the system default template. Make sure you have all the columns it’s expecting even if blank, then create your own template once you are comfortable with the process and remove columns not required. 
  • attached is a template but it’s including the header row which you will want to delete prior to saving as a csv file if you are using the comma separated value.  This is a straight forward voucher example.  If you are needing different currencies than your base than those applicable columns would be needed to show the transaction amount vs base amount. watch date! MM or DD means you need the leading 0 if periods 1 thru 9 - ie: 01, etc

• use the External voucher assistant to upload the voucher as shown above.

• 3 typical errors loading a voucher  1) header row was included 2) date not formatted according to template 3) out of balance voucher or invalid combination  (also do not use special characters in text field. dash is ok but no commas, etc just keep it simple)

• test it out first with a 2 line voucher in your test layer to make sure the layout works for your company

• Good luck!