Solved

IFS10 Cancelled invoice but Receipts are still linked to cancelled invoice

• 5 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Dear all,

I cancelled an invoice with PO but the receipts that were linked to the cancelled PO arent usable anymore as the are still linked to the cancelled invoice. Can someone please tell me how I can resolve this problem.

As I want to book the invoice again I cant match the receipts anymore that were used on the cancelled PO

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 5 November 2021, 15:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I believe you can remove the value in the “closed Date” on the receipt transaction.  Depending on IFS release the value can be on the first area of the receipt screen or it can be as shown below (apps 10). 

The problem is rather interesting, a canceled invoice does and should release the lines for matching something very strange may have occurred.   Have you reviewed all invoices for that PO?  It’s possible that some other invoice matched the lines of interest (seen that many times at my clients)

As a recommendation you should review the received not invoiced postings as to ensure this is not out of balance.  

To clear the receipt for matching clear this value. Note GL postings are not created (should be OK based on what’s written). 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Here you can see the lines that are now double but shouldnt be, I really dont know how this is possible. Could it be that we upgraded to IFS10 and the previous version that was linked to those receipts was done in the previous version and that its now hanging when I cancelled the invoice after the upgrade?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Upgrades are always very complicated.   Not saying the following is 100% true for your scenario, but I have read in some upgrade release notes that rolling back “old” transactions after an upgrade can cause issues. 

Based on the info provided it is probably save to remove the close date on the receipt.  View the receipt screen as noted and clear the close date. You will get a warning message, but that should be OK. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Thomas,

Didnt help! Could it be because of the following:

Invoice A was booked in IFS7.5 and linked to the Goods Receipts but as one or two receipts werent done I saved it as Prelposted, then we upgraded to IFS10, we cancelled the invoice during month end, now I wanted to book invoice A again but the receipts are still hanging on to the cancelled invoice that was Prelposted back in IFS7.5 and cancelled in IFS10. 

Seems like a major bug to me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

If I remember correctly the upgrade process notes that your not supposed to have prelpost type items. The transactions are expected to be complete at time of upgrade.  So many changes have happened since 7.5 and apps 10.  

You should log a call center case.   

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

So there is no way to check if there are cancelled invoices hanging somewhere on the background

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

You can a couple things going on that are outside the norm, and as a result things are not entirely as expected / the norm.  I believe it’s best to log a call center case.