Question

IFS Year End Rollover

• 23 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I am doing the year end rollover and when I run the “Clear Revenue / Cost Balances” it is coming up with the error message “Amount Balance is Zero”. Does anybody understand what this is telling me and how I can deal with this error message ?  

Thank you 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@NeilBell64 , as far as im aware the Error "Amount Balance is Zero" is generated during Clear Revenue/Cost if there is no balance for any cost or revenue account, but there is a balance by code parts b-i

Have you included code parts using a “Code Part Function” in the clearing of revenue/cost balances?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @NeilBell64 ,

I believe this is due to, no balances at the account level, only at the code part level with different functionalities ( such as Project, Fixed asset etc ) . This is the exact reason why the Clear Revenue/Cost dialog only provides the options to select the code parts without code part functions .

I think, The preferred solution is a 2 line manual voucher one side to offset P&L, the other to book to retained earnings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Question is: do you REALLY NEED to book anything? If the balance on all your PnL accounts is zero (even if there’s debit and credit balance at code part level) balance on your retained earnings account is correct….