IFS and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) Reporting

• 22 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 7 replies

Dear Fellow IFS User Community members,

Firstly, please note this is my first post on the IFS User Community, so please be kind :).

My company (a global medium sized enterprise) are currently implementing IFS (APPS10). A part of our business is located in the USA, with the need to produce financial reports in line / in accordance with DCAA (Defense Contract Audit Agency) requirements. 

Do any users here have any experience of IFS’ ability / functionality to produce such DCAA compliant / acceptable reports

Many thanks in advance for your assistance with this question.

Best Regards,

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, @Le1gh .  I’m in a similar situation and wondering what type of progress you’ve made and what you’ve learned over the last 5 months.  Anything worth sharing?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello BWells,

Unfortunately very little progress over the past 5 months, although encouragingly there is perhaps more promising recent developments:

1. Within the last month, we have got to a position where ‘sensitised’ (noting content) copies of our US-based company specific DCAA compliant reports have been shared with our (UK based) IFS Project Manager and IFS Account Manager.
  1. Our (UK based) IFS Project Manager and IFS Account Manager have then shared these DCAA report examples / templates with their IFS counterparts in America (...who it is expected will have regional technical previous experience of helping other US-based companies to produce similar DCAA acceptable reports).
  2. IFS (USA) are currently working towards a demonstration back to my organisation (including demo to our CFO) regarding how IFS can produce equivalent DCAA acceptable reports. 

The expectation is that this demonstration will happen over the next couple of months.

If interested (?), I will keep you posted on IFS progress with this. In the interim, I would encourage you and your company (...if not already) to follow a similar route and escalate this requirement with your IFS Project Manager and / or IFS Account Manager.

Sorry not the answer / progress that you were hoping for, but hopefully a useful update for you.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello, I would be interested if there has been any progress on DCAA compliance as our US organisations have also hit a stumbling block with DCAA compliance. If you are able to share any experiences (good or bad) I would be very grateful. Especially if you are getting or have had any support on this from IFS. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Manxmano, I have some information provided by our IFS Account Manager. This information is a IFS Whitepaper on how IFS is able to fulfil the ‘key elements' of DCAA reporting. I have sent you a LinkedIn request this pm. Good to discuss further.