Question

How to remove External Manual Voucher Rows (Not Approved)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 548 replies

Community,

We have couple external Manual vouchers that are not balanced, not approved, and there is no voucher posting lines, but it come with voucher rows. Our question is, how to remove the voucher rows?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

This can be corrected by a user.  

You can add additional rows to the manual voucher to balance. 

See the below example - 

In this I have an external voucher and then added additional posting rows. The first two rows were for testing some other, but the second set of rows were manually entered in CAD where the currency value is .01 and the accounting value is 0.   Because the accounting value is 0 you should also include a quantity.   Make sure the debit currency and or credit currency are filled with the adjusting value (balancing value) .01. Then also make sure the accounting values are 0 (as this is already balanced)

I tested in apps 10, I believe you're in apps 10.  The above entry was updated to GL. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Thomas Peterson Thank you for your reply.  let me have a try.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Thomas Peterson 

if I am not wrong, we need to insert a line with debit amount 0.13 in currency CAD, correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes, but you may need to enter two rows. One row should fix, the other may be needed to create aa debit / credit entry. The second row can all be 0’s but you would still need a quantity.  

Try one row first, then if needed you can add a second row. Send any error messages you may receive. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Thomas Peterson thank you. i will have team to try it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Thomas Peterson 

Bother.

We uploaded another manual voucher, we realized, even it is balanced, it also does not show the records in Voucher Postings tab. which means, we still have no way to remove this manual voucher unless we do DB repair. is it because of the user group?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

You can enter new voucher lines to the voucher previously loaded.  The external voucher rows show as the posting lines - that cannot be edited. But you can add additional voucher rows that are fully editable.  The entire voucher will then balance (if you enter the appropriate voucher rows). 

In my screen prints you should see these voucher rows are entered into a different tab, the first tab.  Please try correcting by manual entry of voucher rows. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Thomas Peterson 

When we are entering one row of the debit amount $0.13 CAD, I got below error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

It needs to be balanced.  Your off by .10 in accounting currency and .13 in the currency amount. 

In your original posting, I believe you were balanced in the accounting currency but the currency amount was off by .01.    You need to balance. To fix you can add a new voucher row with 0 in accounting currency and -.01 in the currency. That 0 and .01 (manually entered values) then resolve the difference and your entry balanced. 

In this recent example you're adding a new voucher line (this is OK) but the values do not balance with all other posting lines.  You need to make sure the manually added line (or lines) make the entire entry balanced. The accounting / currency amounts are defaulted based on the exchange rates. That’s a default, and you can edit / override those values as a user. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Thomas Peterson appreciated your support always. I will try it out.