Question

How to incorporate into IFS invoices issue in an external system

• 16 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

We would like to know how can we enter in IFS invoices issued on our behalf on a partners ERP system.

In the company we’re setting up in Switzerland a new company and for the warehouse operations we will have a partner (4PL) that will perform the complete process Order to Cash (from receiving customer orders to receive payments from customers).

They will invoice customers on our behalf from their ERP system.

Periodically (daily, weekly, …) they will inform us of all inventory transactions, all the invoices they have issued and the payments done by the customers.

In this information received, we want to enter in our IFS the customer order, the shipping and the invoice.

Entering the customer order and generating the shipping we see no problem.

The problem is how to put into IFS the invoice generated by 4PL that was already sent to the customer instead of having IFS generating an invoice.

Thank you and Regards!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

In Apps10, if you have created the sales order, inventory transactions & shipments, I am not aware of a way to avoid the invoice step if you want to apply customer funds to a cash account.  I am not a subject matter expert but have a few ideas.

There are options with the customer invoice that could ‘send’ to a dummy email in lieu of actually printing/sending to the customer as a duplicate.  There is also an option of using the external customer invoice function.  I have not done this in real business practice but both could be tested.

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Do you really need customer order process and shipment? I would rather use simple manual inventory issue option,

In case you need customer order, I would suggest to use sales prices zero, and dedicated invoice series. In this way you will have zero-value customer invoices created at the end of this process. Actual invoices issued on your behalf should be loaded as external customer invoices.

Perhaps consignment stock functionality can be used as well to support this process, but I am not an expert in this functionality and manual inventory issue + external customer invoice seems to me the simplest option.