Question

HOW TO COPY EXISTING COMPANY TO NEW COMPANY

• 29 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I would like to create a new company in the IFS 8.  The new company process and basic info is same to the existing company in the system.  The basic data shall be copied into the new company.

Any functionalities in IFS can do so?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MDEWILSON,:

when you create new company there are two options: you can create company from template or from existing company. Did you try this second option?

Best regards,

Adam 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

I agree with Adam’s reply.

Further, please refer to the screen prints below.

1.Navigate create company assistant>Enter a company ID & a Name>Click on Next

2.Click on Next

3.Choose “Existing Company” if you want the company to be created from an Existing company.

4.Select the existing company >Click Next

1. Select the required languages >Click Next

6.Enter relevant Acc Currency, valid from date, Parallel currency (if required) , valid form date, Default language & country >Click Next

7.Click Finish

Hope this will help you too. :)

Best Regards,

Yoshini

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello @MDEWILSON 

As I have detailed with screen prints in through support case G2294920

and @Yoshini Silva as explained above

use create company assistant wizard, then select existing company and pick the source company (the company from which you want data to be copied from).

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @MDEWILSON,

You can use Basic Data Synchronization window for this as well. But this is not available in App8. If you can upgrade your application to the latest versions, you can experience this.

You can use this window to define a relation between the source and target company/companies. The source company represent the company from where data will be copied from and the target company to which company data will be copied to. For each selected target company, define which windows that should be part of the synchronization process.

Thanks & regards,

Amalith

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

yes , tried both.

Adam 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Yes, I tried both.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Dear  @MDEWILSON 

If you have a template company already defined with all the basic data, creating a company from a template is the option you should use. Yet as per the post, I believe you should go with creating a company with the existing company as you wish to copy the processes as well.

When it comes to the latest IFS versions, You can enable "Basic data synchronization" to replicate selected data change automatically  from company Source to target in real time.