Question

How do I transfer a customer payment linked to my company (CUPOA) to a customer account?

• 29 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +4

Hi everybody,

i have unmatched my transaction in paiement mixed and IFS reverse the paiement and creat an transaction linked to my company.

So now, is it possible to transfer this CUPOA transaction (linked to my company so my company is in the identity) to my customer account?

I've already tried to use customer compensation but the CUPOA linked to my company isn't in the list.

Thank you for your help.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Where you want to use this parked payment. Aginst which ledger items in which payment window.?

Generally, you can convert it to a customer payment on account or match aginst any outstanding ledger ites of the identified customer ( If you are now certain that from which customer you received this payment)

Best regards,

Chirantha.

Badge +4

Hi @Chirantha ,

Yes i know who is the customer for this parked paiement. So can you tell me how can i do this please?

Best regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Yes I can help you. Can you tell me how you want to use it. Do you want to use the payment for mathcing with existing receivable balance or consider it as a payment (on account) from the customer or … what do you wnat ?

Best regards,

Chirantha.

Badge +4

@Chirantha ,

the third option, so to consider it as a payment (on account) from the customer.

Because it is a payment that my customer do.

thank you so much to your help.

Best regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

You can then simply trafer the parked payment to a payment on account. Steps are given below.

1. Open Mixed Payment.
  2. Select the Cash Account ( You can use the same Account that is used when regitering the parked payment or nominal cash account ( if any) it doesn’t matter here as it supports the rqeuirement of having cash account only .
  3. Payment dates and voucher dates- use as appropriately, sme as previous so that you woudl not get a  difference.
  4. Create one cash transaction for postive for the recognized payer. Say you have received 100 earlier. So enter positive amount of 100. Do not match anything.This is for creating new POA.
  5. Enter anotehr line slect the same payer but this time negative -100 to make the payment and remove the parked payment.
  6. In the second line go to matching and match the parked payment created earlier.
  7. So you get postive and negative payment … Noo impact to th cash Account balance.
  8. Create the voucher.

You will see the follwoing sort of voucher .

Best regards,

Chirantha

Badge +4

@Chirantha ,

Thank you so much to your help.

😁

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Again,

May I know that my reply could resolve your problem please.

Best regards,

Chirantha.