Solved

How can I do IFRS reporting?

• 17 January 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

Hello,
We want to do IFRS reporting for the first time in our company.
How can I use the Internal Ledger to do IFRS reporting? At what stage and activity can I use Parallel Currency?
Is there a document about this?

The general ledger we keep in the country and the ledger we keep for ifrs will be separate for now.
However, if we provide sufficient conditions in the future, we will be able to make IFRS reporting within the country. Can we keep a single ledger by removing the distinction between general ledger and internal ledger in the future?

Asking for IFS 10 Apps

icon

Best answer by gumabs 19 January 2023, 22:05

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hello  @Alperen,

You need to define an internal ledger, users per internal ledger, internal code parts (if you dont want to create internal ledger records with all code parts) and internal posting methods. You can use % icon for internal posting methods if you want to have all accounts to be posted.

If you want to calculate depreciation for IFRS apart from your statutory bookkeeping, you can create a new FA Book and assign a voucher type posting records to IL. Then you can have different depreciation methods for different FA books and post depreciation transactions separately to GL and IL ledgers.

You need to define M function voucher type that is just posting transactions to IL. By this, you can create additional transactions for IL. Like manual corrections for IFRS, accruals etc.

Hope this explanation helps you.

Badge +4

Hi gumabs,

Thanks for advice. I will try.

Badge +1

Hi gumabs,

Thanks for advice. I will try.

Dear Alperen,

Good day!

Did you apply ifrs standards, if yes, please kindly explain, i will apply first time.

Best’

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello @gumabs,

I was wondering what was the system effect of entering accounts in “internal posting method”?  I saw in another company setup that all accounts were added with “include” option and all code parts set to “keep” - can you provide some insights on the way the system understands this parameter set please ? 

I am trying to understand the setup in order to replicate all postings made in GL in IL as well - is it done on this window? 

Thanks

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hello @MelTanyaS 

If you enter an account and set handling method Excluded then voucher rows for that account will not be transferred to IL balances. Let me explain with an example. 

Say that you have a supplier invoice with following transactions.

Account Debit Credit
2440-Supplier   $ 1000
5010-Rent Cost $ 1000  

Account 5010 has handling method Excluded. Then when you update voucher to GL, 5010 account will not be posted to IL balances. You will have only 1 row voucher in IL and your IL balance will not be 0 in the bottom line.

On the other hand, code part methods decide how the code part values will be created in IL rows. Keep is standard and proposed way to use internal ledgers. When you create a new ledger, the check box is auto selected. However you  are allowed to remove the setup and change posting method handling. If you select Block then the code part is not created in IL, if you select Fixed then you need to define a fixed value in details. 

If you select Manual then you must enter each time an internal manual posting when creating transaction. An example from manual supplier invoice.

Let me know if you I missed anything you need.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you for your quick reply;

So if i understand correctly, if I want the GL postings from supplier invoice registration in your example to affect IL in the same way as it did for GL, first the voucher type used for supplier invoice must be setup to affect both IL and GL + i need to setup the accounts  2440 and 5010 with the “include” and “keep” option. Is that correct? 

Thanks a lot

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hello @MelTanyaS 

Your understanding correct. Only these function groups can be selected with Internal ledger. All the others can be either GL, Affect IL or General Ledger. Normally, all the other function groups that are not listed below should be GL, Affect IL. However if you have a specific case where you need to exclude certain supplier invoices then you can create a new voucher type with function group I and set to General Ledger only. Then those vouchers will not flow to IL balances.

Badge +4

Hi @Cagdas Karabacak 

I have yet to apply IFRS for all records of a company. In the test environment, I created standards-compliant record stacks using receipts and internal ledgers. I have not yet prepared fully explained and standards-compliant tables.

Have a nice day.

TR;

Selam @Cagdas Karabacak Bir şirketin tüm kayıtları için IFRS uygulaması henüz yapmadım. Test ortamında fiş ve dahili defter kullanarak standartlara uygun kayıt yığınları oluşturdum. Henüz tam olarak açıklamalı ve standartlara uygun tablolar hazırlamadım. Yerelleştirmeler ve şirket bazlı kurgular bazı şirketlerin çift defter tutması ve daha bir çok sebepten henüz standartlara uygun bir raporlama yapamadım.
2024 içerisindeki hedeflerimden birisi canlı kullanımda olan bir şirketin kayıtlarını test ortamına alıp buradan uygun raporlama yapmak. Eğer başarabilirsem yol haritasını seni etiketleyerek paylaşırım.

İyi günler dilerim.