Solved

Having problems matching Payment from BGMAX File

• 6 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi, I have used the BGMAX template to upload an external payment to an APP10 enviroment. The ‘Payment Reference’ in the File and the invoice is the same. However it doesn’t match the invoice and is trying to create a Parked Payment because the Customer ID is null.

Has anyone worked with BGMAX customer payment file before and had the same problem? if so what were the steps taken to overcome?

Thank you!

Pamith

icon

Best answer by Margareta Andreasson 6 March 2020, 13:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

You need to setup basic data in ”Financials\Cash Book\External Interface\External Payment Parameters” for the specific payment Method. For BGMAX you will need to have data in the tab ”Definition of Identifiers” You can have several different identifiers here and a tip is to start the ”Identifier ID” at 100 (then you can insert more before if needed)

For instance, you can have the invoice series for Instant Invoice (II) that you want to match on and/or the invoice series for Customer Order invoice etc. The Identifier with the longest number should always be the first one.

Kind Regards,

Margareta

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Margareta,

Thank you for the response, I will try this.

If we have the ‘Payment Reference’ in the external payment details, is this not sufficient to match the invoice and the payment?

Pamith

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Pamith,

Yes, you can match on the payment reference as well. But it has to be entered in the “External payment parameters” basic data as well as an Identifier to match on.

Kind Regards,

Margareta

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Margareta,

it worked!! I've been stuck on this for weeks. Thanks for the insight!

Regards

Pamith