Skip to main content
Question

Generate balance sheet from 7.5

• 3 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

We are trying to migrate from 7.5 to cloud, is there a way to generale a balance sheet from this version without using business reporter ?

Best regards.

Hi,

In 7.5 you would be having a Reporting Option “Report Generator” and you can create any GL based Report using this tool. 

Thank You

Hi

There is a standard Operational Report Type called ‘GL Balance Report Split by Account Digit’.

This report is very similar to a Trial Balance, rather than a Balance Sheet, but you can select the range of accounts to only include your balance sheet accounts.  Remember to select one or two Levels to sub total by:

This might be good enough?

Thank you, 

But I guess that the generated balance is in pdf format right ?

You always use balance analysis- search the data you wish, and export or I believe you can do a quick print. 

If you use ‘GL Balance Split by Account Digit’ you can only filter by Account number.  Using ‘Turnover and Balance Report’ allows you to filter by account group which I find more efficient.

Unfortunately both are created as cluttered PDF documents, similar to everything else in IFS.  I am sure all would agree it would be nice to have an Excel export here.