Solved

Frequent Server Errors on IFS Cloud 22R1 - caused by invalid path?

• 2 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

New Customer, currently going live in January 2023

We are on 22R1SU5, and we frequently get many server errors when navigating pages - sometimes these go away when hitting refresh / reload, but occasionally these persist.  

A user this morning was going into “Supplier Invoices for Final Posting Analysis” and was repeatedly getting the server error:

Error while serializing contents.

This error happens when the server cannot serialize the data to be sent to the client.
A common cause is that one attribute's length exceeds the defined maxlength in the projection.
To find more info, open Log Window or Debug Console, refresh and then check Network Tab in DevTools. In the response there can be more detailed information about the exception.

Url: https://XXX.ifs.cloud/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/SupplierInvoicesForFinalPostingAnalysis.svc/ManSuppInvoiceSet?$filter=(Company%20eq%20%271000%27)&$select=IdentityName,UsePostingProposal,VoucherAtInvoiceEntry,Objstate,Objgrants,Company,InvoiceId,VoucherNoRef,VoucherTypeRef,VoucherDateRef,PoRefNumber,SubConNo,InvoicingAdviceId,Identity,GroupId,SeriesId,InvoiceNo,InvoiceType,PartyType,AdvInv,Currency,GrossCurrAmount,ActualNetCurrAmount,TotalTaxCurrAmount,luname,keyref&$expand=InvoiceTypeRef($select=Description,Objgrants,luname,keyref)&$skip=0&$top=25
        Date = 2022-11-02T16:43:53.687Z
        Request Id = 49417f50-ff85-49cf-bcd6-d4e0b9f43804
        Client version = 22.1.5.20220804125354.0

I did not get this error immediately, but after going into and out of invoices and repeatedly navigating to this projection I finally got into a loop where I was getting the error each time.  

My theory is that an invalid path can get stuck as the default and cause errors when loading

path=0.2011003513.158752828.240858436.1488212502

the above was the path I received each time, and after loading the URL with the path it still defaulted to this path.  

Is there any way to reset this path once it gets “corrupted”?   

Is there any way to decode this path to see what options it is referring to?   

Brian Vander Plaats

ERP Project Manager

Diamond Vogel

icon

Best answer by lisvse 4 November 2022, 09:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Regarding this error in Supplier Invoices for Final Posting Analysis, it is a known bug. Do you have a supplier group I’d with more than 5 characters? 

It is reported and will soon be corrected.

Best regards

Linda 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

yes in fact we do - there are some with up to 10 chars.   Do you recommend we stick to 5 char or less? we haven’t finalized these yet with our migrations. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

It should be ok to use more than 5 char. It is a bug and will be corrected in 21R2 SU14, 22R1 SU9 and 22R2 SU2.