Question

Fixed Asset Creation using Purchase Group Integration

• 11 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I'm facing the following challenge and much appreciate any Advice on a possible solution.

FIXED ASSET CREATION AND CAPITALIZATION VIA THE NO PART INVENTORY METHOD WHERE THE PURCHASE GROUP IS CONNECTED TO THE OBJECT GROUP AND THE OBJECT SERIES IS DEFINED

01) When I create a PO with 10 (No part) Quantity and receive 4 the Per Unit Cost is not Attributed to the Quantity Received. Instead it Apportions as Follows - (Received Quantity Value/Total Quantity Value)* Per Unit - This is mentioned as Per Unit Cost

- FA Object ID is created for Total Quantity (Even if the PO is Partially Received)

- This is Wrong due to

- System is not implying Per Unit Cost to the Quantity Received - Count wise it is wrong where the System is creating 10 Unit IDs when actually we have received only 4

I feel this is a Bug. If it is not Do we have an Explanation to justify this?

Further when we are mapping FA with the No Part Inventory then how can we Capitalize the Charges the FA Objects are attributed to. ( When the FA ID is auto Created as per the Purchase Group - Setting)

Any Suggestion is much appreciated

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

hi @Ramessh Kanna,

Please refer my comments on each.

1. I have recreated the same scenario in App10 UPD13 environment & I also noticed that system is proportionate cost among all 10 objects even we received 4 units. It seems to be a bug.
  2. FA object created during release action of the PO and object will remain as it is even, we cancel the PO. We must remove the FA object manually for the cancelled lines.
  3. As a workaround we can create separate PO line and do pre-post with relevant FA objects.

Best Regards

Narmada