Question

Fill code part values on purchase order line

• 1 June 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello to the community

I am trying to add code part values (for ex cost center) on a purchase order line and the field is greyed, like blocked for data entry. 

Does anyone know why I am not able to add code part values to the line and how to enable the field for data entry? PS : I work on IFS cloud

Thank you

Tanya

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @MelTanyaS 

You must have M102 posting control defined for part lines on PO.

See example below.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello @gumabs 

Thanks for your reply; as I am entering lines without parts on the PO, I guess it must be the M108.

I checked and the M108 posting for the cost center code part for example already exist in the customer company, but I’m still not able to fill it on the PO line.

Do you know any other setup i can try? 

Thanks a lot :) 

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @MelTanyaS 

Can you share a screen shot so I can see details.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Sure : 

This is the posting control of M108 to add code parts on PO lines without parts

On the purchase order window, i still can’t add cost center on the PO line 

I tried to add it by clicking on “pre posting” on the top of the same page; i could pick the cost center and distribute the 100% in one cost center as per requirement of customer.

Then when I created the invoice, copied the receipts after registering arrival, the next step is to go to “posting proposal” on invoice since we use this functionnality. 

The posting line on the bottom of the page did not get mapped as usual; message saying that account is missing even though I setup the M92 and M93 in posting control + added preposting on order that i though would get mapped on invoice but didn’t. 

The goal is to have the posting line automatically with some code part values (account) being fetched automatically from posting control + other code part value (cost center) being fetched from what was filled on the PO. 

If you have any other question on the setup let me know

Thanks

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi

So you will add a cost center (or any other code part) on purchase order no part lines by clicking pre-posting button. 

On the posting control for M92 (or any other) you must enable overriding allowed.

Then it should carry from PO to invoice.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

I allowed the overriding on the M92 and M93 for all the code parts but the accounts as well as other code parts from PO still did not get mapped on posting line of posting proposal. Pre posting on invoice did not inherit data from PO pre posting

If you think of anything else, please let me know; and thanks a lot for your help

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi

Is this preposting on Manual Supplier Invoice? Or is it preposting on Match PO Receipts of Posting Proposal?

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello

I filled preposting data on Purchase order, but did not get it when copying the receipts

Then when i click on “preposting” on invoice, it is empty

when i click on “posting proposal”, the posting line i was expecting to see with account coming from posting control and cost center coming from preposting did not get mapped.

I must have missed a setup somewhere

Thanks for your help

Tanya

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @MelTanyaS 

The preposting information entered on PO lines will not be to transferred supplier invoice preposting, it will be only transferred to PO matching information.

I dont think that supplier preposting will fetch any data from PO line preposting because PO line preposting is for PO line matching.