Solved

External Voucher Batch Processing

• 24 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We are trying to batch process our external vouchers for the first time.  We have changed the Server Directory parameter in System Parameters for Accounting Rules from NULL to a server path that the Oracle server should be able to read/write to. 

When Batch Process is selected in External Voucher Assistant  Process Options, and the FileType/Parameter SetID/File Template values are selected in the second screen of the Assistant the ‘Next’ button does not become available to establish a schedule.  Is there more set-up involved, or are there any tips as to what the server path syntax should be?  It is entered as:

\\XXXifstest01.XXXXX.local\d$\XX_DIRECTORIES\MIGR10\XXXXX_FILES\

We are on Apps 10.

icon

Best answer by Sachin Vithanage 26 April 2021, 08:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

When using the batch process in the ‘External Voucher Assistant’, the 'External File Template' should be setup with the correct 'Input File' details.

The proper way to setup the External File Template is as follows:

1. The ‘File Name’ of the external file that the user is planning to input via the batch process of External Voucher Assistant should be input.
  2. Next, the LOCAL UTL file directory should be specified as ‘Input File Directory’.
  3. Then the file (of which the name was specified) must be put into the SHARED UTL file directory folder.
  4. Finally, the user can run the External Voucher Assistant in the batch process using the properly configured file type and the file template.
  5. Once the external file assistant job is executed, you will find the external file loaded in external file transactions without any error.

Could you please try the above steps and check whether you still have issues when running the External Voucher Assistant?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Cynthia,

Are you trying to input records to the system or create a output?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’m not sure whether this is bug in system, Yet when I press “Output File”, it fetches File name as follows. After following Sachin above reply , just give a go for this too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We were still having no luck with this.  I  set a shared directory path in System Parameters, input the file name to be loaded in the template, and input a local path in the template.  I also  tried clicking on ‘output file’ in the Assistant, but still could not proceed to setting up a schedule. 

Turns out that the template I was using was one we migrated from Apps 7.5.  When I switched to using a template that originated in Apps 10 I was able to get to the parameters and proceed to the schedule just fine.  I just made a new template with the Details as I want them and am able to continue set-up/testing.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I do have one more question on this - any advice on what the system is expecting to be defined as a Backup File Directory location on the External File Template\Input Tab\File Name-Path Options?  Or where an ‘backup oracle directory’ is defined - either in the application or elsewhere?  No mater what we’ve tried, we get a ORA-29280: invalid directory path error when the background job executes.  We are trying to see how all of the functionality works before defining our process and can’t quite get this last bit to work properly.